Friday, August 22, 2008

Tidbits from the last week

I swear the last 7 days have been a blur - we've been busy busy busy. It could be worse, we could be bored! We had a great time having dinner with Debra and Taylor while they were visiting the "Utah Steindorfs." Taylor and Austin were checking out You-Tube videos of sports cars. On Sunday, I made it through teaching my first Relief Society lesson - WHEW!!
-
School started for Caitlin on Monday (we've had trauma every morning this week).

We headed back up to Layton on Monday to take Austin to stay with Grandpa & Grandma for a day or two. Uncle Rick had brought Grandpa & Grandma Griffiths down from Malad (Grandpa HAD to get the cucumbers to Mom!), so we had a nice visit with them.
Mom is desperately trying to keep those eyes open. Out of the 3 pictures I took, this was the one where her eyes were the most open.


After our visit with the Idaho crew (how did Rick manage to avoid having his picture taken?), we went down to the Layton Amphitheatre to see Ryan Shupe and the Rubber Band in concert.


I only knew one of their songs ("Dream Big"), but this was one of those concerts that you didn't need to know the songs. They were great entertainers. Austin especially enjoyed the last song where they did a medley of all the songs in "Guitar Hero" in the middle of "The Devil Went Down to Georgia." Mom & Keith have great seats - no zoom necessary on this picture.

Austin went fishing with Grandpa & Grandma the next day and all I got was this cell phone picture. I sent the camera with Austin and Mom & Keith are now bloggers, so I thought I'd get a couple of pictures. Nope - this is all we get. I hear they had fun though and managed to catch 8 fish.


Of course, Caitlin had gymnastics and Austin had his electric guitar lessons. His guitar isn't really as big as this case!




We had a great dinner up at Ruth's Diner with a bunch of our friends (almost 20 of us). They do a barbecue on their patio every Thursday night (you can see it in the very back of the picture) and they have a great band that plays a lot of Jimmy Buffet. It was a very enjoyable evening. (FYI - Ruth's Diner will be featured on the Food Network show "Diners Drive-ins & Dives" in December.)
And to top all of this off, the Olympics have been keeping us up until midnight every night!!! Next week looks a little slower. Maybe I'll fold my laundry then.

1 comments:

Craig and Christy said...

Oh My gosh! I'm totally slacking! I must have missed a few days of looking at the blog! Caitie looked pretty happy going off to school the first day . . why all the trauma?? (And that outfit you saw on Chloe was her one and only new outfit) And Austin in Jr, High, how did that happen!?! They both are looking very grown up! Can you please ask them to knock it off! It's making me feel very old!