I realize I have been a BAD blogger lately - I've got the pictures in the post all ready to go, but we've had too much going on to finish them up and post (our regular schedule + the looming baptism (talks) + Catie's ear infection and recurrence of Strep, etc.)
I'll try to get caught up now. It was Caitlin's field trip last week - we went to Silver Lake up Big Cottonwood Canyon. After our nasty weather last weekend, I was relieved that it was a perfect day for a trek around the lake. This is a popular field trip so lots of Moms volunteered - I only had to be responsible for one other child other than Catie (maybe the teacher counted Catie as more than one child - she's been a handful lately). This is Caitlin and her peeps - they are quite the group of chickies. The boy on the left was the other child I was in charge of - he was adorable. I always knew what time it was ("23 minutes to lunchtime!") and he reminded me of Austin with his unusually broad knowledge for a 3rd grader. We had a great time. He even took a couple of pictures of me and Catie (he liked to work that zoom lens).
I was shocked at my often timid daughter as she scaled a verrrry steep rock wall - 3 times. Our hiking buddy Kaden insisted that I climb it as well ("Caitlin's Mom! Caitlin's Mom! It's not very hard - follow me!"). I was reminded of how old I was as I climbed it as well, but it was a lovely view from the top.
This was the view from the top - we ran into our neighbor "Mini" Landon up there. It was definitely worth taking a vacation day!
9 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment