Well, it's football season again. That means our annual September trip to Denver. We packed quite a bit into our weekend jaunt starting with a tour of Invesco Field. This activity wasn't on my scheduling spreadsheet (you laugh, but I did have one), but it was 2 hours well spent.
Our tour guide Steve was not only full of fun trivial info (always a good thing for me), but also a pretty good photographer.
Awww - doesn't Brian look happy? I can't remember the last time (if ever) that Brian has said, "take my picture, take my picture"! But that is what he said. This was one of the 9 "keg rooms" at the stadium.
After our tour, we were off to the 1st game of the trip - the Rockies vs. the Giants. Can you guess who we were rooting for (not pictured - me & Brian in orange and black).
It was a gorgeous night for baseball (followed by an awesome fireworks show). I have requested the infield pattern below for our front yard.
We were watching the pitching lineups for a couple of weeks, so we were totally stoked to get to see Tim Lincecum (aka Big Time Timmy Jim) pitch. He had a perfect game going into the 6th inning, but he allowed a run. Fortunately, it was the only one and the Giants won 2-1.
The next morning, we were up at the crack of dawn to head to the mountains to commune with nature. We took a 2 hour horse ride into the mountains. Austin was torn on his wardrobe due to all his teams that were playing that day (U of U and SF Giants).

Our tour guide Steve was not only full of fun trivial info (always a good thing for me), but also a pretty good photographer.
Awww - doesn't Brian look happy? I can't remember the last time (if ever) that Brian has said, "take my picture, take my picture"! But that is what he said. This was one of the 9 "keg rooms" at the stadium.
After our tour, we were off to the 1st game of the trip - the Rockies vs. the Giants. Can you guess who we were rooting for (not pictured - me & Brian in orange and black).
It was a gorgeous night for baseball (followed by an awesome fireworks show). I have requested the infield pattern below for our front yard.
We were watching the pitching lineups for a couple of weeks, so we were totally stoked to get to see Tim Lincecum (aka Big Time Timmy Jim) pitch. He had a perfect game going into the 6th inning, but he allowed a run. Fortunately, it was the only one and the Giants won 2-1.
The next morning, we were up at the crack of dawn to head to the mountains to commune with nature. We took a 2 hour horse ride into the mountains. Austin was torn on his wardrobe due to all his teams that were playing that day (U of U and SF Giants).
Catie was a natural on her horse - even when the guide's horse fell on a steep section and rolled into hers.

The very definition of "city slicker."

The views were pretty awesome!



4 comments:
How fun! I don't think I have ever seen Brian that smiley, he looked like a giddy little school boy ; ) just kidding. Anyhoo what a fun trip!
Thanks for the fun update! Our family adventure's are trips to UT. hmmmm I think I see a change coming, hehehe
Okay, I think you've got a winner for your Christmas card photo. It's a fantastic picture!!! And I'm totally going to see if Craig can cut our grass like that too! I wonder if he'll tell me no before he flips me off, or give me the finger first???
Brian is definitely more excited in these pictures than the Disneyland photos. I think it was the horseback riding.
Post a Comment