Thursday, June 24, 2010

Cali ... Part 2

After our fun-filled few days in Anaheim, we headed down to San Diego for the rest of the trip. The Zoo was the first priority as we have a daughter who is OBSESSED with anything to do with pandas. Before we even left Utah, we had the San Diego Zoo map and we knew where we were headed first. I gotta say... they were some cute bears!
They were quite mobile (aka heard to get a good picture of).
Caitlin was just as happy in the Panda gift shop as she was watching the pandas - it combined her 2 great loves (shopping and pandas). There were (obviously) alot of other really cool animals there like this not-so-little critter here.
We brought more bad luck to the home team when we went to see the Padres play the Blue Jays. Brian didn't mind giving them bad mojo - it helped his beloved SF Giants. It was an awesome ballpark, but we got no foul ball action (mostly lefties this time). Still fun times.
We got to work at the beach.
This was the happiest I'd seen Austin in a long time. It could only get better if he couldn't hear his little sister.
Neither child remembers their last trip to Sea World, but neither of them will ever forget feeding the sea lions this time (I couldn't bring myself to touch the fish - plus I was afraid of the seagulls).The dolphin show was new as of last year, so it was pretty fun. We sat in the "soak zone" at Caitlin's insistence - the only one of us who got wet was Brian.. This dolphin pool is so cool, I could hang out here for hours. They swim right past your hands.
Of course, no visit to Sea World would be complete without seeing Shamu.
I kept trying to get an aerial shot of Shamu, but I never knew where or when he would surface.
You can tell Austin was pretty much "over" posing for pictures at this point. I have to say, they were pretty good sports for the week.
So much fun had by all! Hopefully it won't be 7 years before we get back there.

2 comments:

K and K Steindorf said...

You will have to make a book of all of the great pics you took. In seven more years Aussie will be 21!!!

Jerlynne said...

so you dont need to critisize me! Gosh! LOL! Ya I admite it I'm obseesed w/ pandas!

from caitlin