Sunday, April 18, 2010

A tourist in my own town...

So I can't rememer if I've ever been to Temple Square in the spring. I really think I would have remembered considering it was so pretty Friday night (when I didn't have my camera - GAH!) that I had to come back on Sunday for some pictures. The trees were slightly less "bloomy" today, but stunning nonetheless.I DID have my phone on Friday night, so I was texting Mom pictures of the flowers and the siren's call of the blooms was too much for her so she made the trip to the city as well (and Annie came to make it a girl's afternoon).Seriously - it looked like the trees were glowing and this was AFTER they had lost a bunch of blooms.
Ah - the hyacinths! You could smell them everywhere you went.This tulip was about 6" in diameter. I had never seen anything like it (but Mom had - she probably has one in her yard).

4 comments:

McQuivey Family said...

That looks so pretty and sneezy at the same time!

lisa said...

We need to see pictures of the rooms after you painted.

Craig and Christy said...

Ah, so good to see you back in the blogging world. I've missed you! Love the flower picutres. So pretty! And about that cheap labor . . .Are they for hire?

The Lively's said...

Hey you took some awesome photos. Hope your doing well!