Yes - it is the season to be extremely busy, but with fun stuff. After prepping ourselves by buying and watching the movie "The Christmas Story" (no, I had never seen it - blasphemous, I know), we went to see the play at Pioneer Memorial Theater. I gotta say... the play was even funnier than the movie! We had a delightful dinner before going to the theater. We're happy Brian was able to make it. If he makes me cranky, I'll share a lovely little anecdote with you all, but for now, I'm going to enjoy the leverage.

The next night, we braved the cold and went to see the "Zoo Lights." The kids had been to see these lights before and were prepared (correction - Grandma Jessie was prepared) with their special 3D type glasses that made every light look like a snowman - pretty cool.

It was a balmy 24 degrees - warmest night of the week (the "warm before the storm")!

Austin is
such a boy. To his credit, he did convince me that his head was actually stuck.

It was fun going to the zoo with younger kids - they were so much more enthusiastic than my children. It seems like yesterday that Austin and Caitlin were the same age as Riley and Drew! Where did the time go?

I claim ignorance regarding child labor laws - we put Austin and Caitlin to work over the weekend. They made HUNDREDS of pizzelles (Italian cookies made on a special waffle iron). Caitlin was also the "powdered sugar sprinkler" as well.

Yes - my children do own clothing that does not have the Denver Bronco logo on it. The Bronco's just happened to be playing, so they HAD to wear their Bronco apparel.
That blinding white in the background is the snow that came after "the warm before the storm."
2 comments:
who were all the cookies for? You guys were in a heat wave at 24 degrees. Cute pics.
My mother-in-law loves that movie! You two are crazy! It isn't funny after it plays all day Long! Aghhhh! Someone stop the insanity! :)
Post a Comment