Sunday, November 22, 2009

Updates...

No - I wasn't one of the loonies who camped out at the In-N-Out Burger last week. The In-N-Out at Jordan Landing will be open within a month, but I still won't be camping out - I'm not big on crowds or long lines.

No - I didn't see "New Moon" again already (I'm waiting until Monday to see it again)... however, we went to see "The Blind Side." EXCELLENT show! I would highly recommend seeing it. It was easily one of the most inspiring and enjoyable shows I've seen in a long time.

And finally, yes - Caitlin sang her duet in church today. It was the final song of the Primary program and she and her friend Dillan did a fabulous job. They both used their "strong voices," found all the notes and sang with their mouths open (no mumbling!). I wasn't the only one with tears in my eyes. I looked around and saw many people wiping their eyes. It took us a while to get out of the church because everybody stopped Catie to tell her what a great job she did (we even had a phone call afterwards).

So, in the spirit of Thanksgiving, I'm grateful for the good sense not to do silly things like camping out at fast food joints; I'm grateful for reserved seating at movie theaters (so we can always have good seats at sold out shows); and I'm grateful my daughter didn't inherit my nerves so we can enjoy listening to her sing.

3 comments:

lisa said...

That is so cute. I wish you could record it without anyone seeing you do it, but I know you can't. She'll have to reenact the song when we see her. We can't wait to see "The Blindside." That's our after Thanksgiving dinner show this year.

Anonymous said...

You didn't mention if she found a dress for the event. What song did she sing? Thanks for the cute b-day card! I can't wait to see New Moon with Tracy. She rented Twilight and liked it; I told her just wait till she sees New Moon. Ooh-La La!

The Lively's said...

Hey I didn't know your daughter sang! I would love to hear her! Tell her I was flattered she was sad I wasn't at cookie cutters! I can't wait to go back! This stay at home mom junk is kicking my butt! : )