Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Okay - I'm sick of looking at the cookies. I know I've been a "blog-slacker." The sad thing is... I actually have pictures - I've just been too busy (lazy) to post them. Here's a few from our mini-vacation a couple of weeks ago in Park City. Here's Austin & Brian zipping down the zip line at the Utah Olympic Park.
Caitlin and I were all strapped in and ready to be released on our zip-trip. Caitlin was showing no fear (unlike her momma). She actually went 2 more times after this and beat Austin in their race. Whoops - Austin probably didn't want me to mention that. As we were about to ride the "Quicksilver" alpine slide, I'm pretty sure Brian was listening intently to the safety instructions given to us by the slide-worker. Either that or he was busy reading the signs regarding safety on the slide.
There goes Brian.... sledding to his doom!!
Okay - there is no "after" picture from Brian's ride on the slide. After all, this is a family blog - we don't wan't it rated PG-13 for "gore." We'll just say that you should SLOW DOWN WHEN APPROACHING A TURN SO YOU DON'T TIP OVER AND SCRAPE ALL THE SKIN OFF YOUR ARMS AND LEGS AND THEN PROCEED TO BURN YOUR DERMIS OFF ON THE SIZZLING HOT STAINLESS STEEL SLIDE!!! Okay - I'm done going all "Kanye West All Caps."
..
Here's a cute picture of Catie & Dev Dev to cleanse your mental palate after picturing the aftermath of Brian's recklessness.
Caitlin couldn't be outdone by her brother - she just had to touch the rim. After about 20 tries, she finally did it!
One of the fun parts about going on nature walks in Park City (aside from the abundance of snakes on the trail) was the sculptures on the side of the trail. You could actually play music on these.
Oh look - my kids are displaying togetherness! Not buying it? Neither am I. This is what you are forced to do to stay warm in a 4 club wind. It was a bit breezy at Jeremy Ranch. Fortunately, it only lasted a few holes - otherwise it was great! I got rid of all those excess balls in my golf bag (who was the genius who thought water on a golf course was a good thing?).
TJ was doing is best "Chuck Bass" (I'm still not sure what that means). At any rate, the kids had a great time eating all the chocolate covered strawberries that "Lisa made all by herself" at their grandparents anniversary party. They were really pretty Lisa!
Um... Avery, could you jump a little higher next time?
Getting ready to dig into Catie's cake.

3 comments:

lisa said...

Cute pics. The crew is growing up, makes me sad.

K and K Steindorf said...

Great pictures, I would like a copy of all the kids at the anniversary. Their facial expressions are great. Glad you updated.

Craig and Christy said...

Jer, a zip line? That's not something you normally do, is it? (although with Brians experience, I don't blame you!) But I'm very proud! You go girl. Catie and Austin must have been very proud!