Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Tagged

Since Ally "tagged" me, I've been agonizing over what to write for my 6 things.

1. I guess I've already said one of the things about me: I agonize about writing things - no matter what it is. I always waited until about 20 minutes before my college classes to write my papers because I just couldn't put the words down (too worried I'd put the wrong words down). I've had a baby gift (wrapped and in the box to send it in) sitting on my kitchen table for 3 weeks now because I don't know what to write in the card (yes Lisa, your birthday present will also be late). You can only imagine how many times I write, then preview, and re-write these posts...

2. I love to watch movies! Especially chick flicks, British (namely Jane Austen) movies or anything with dancing in it. I will watch them over and over and over again. There are some good things about insomnia - my favorite movies are often on at 3:00 in the morning!

3. Diet Coke & cookies - the breakfast of champions! I'm not on a first name basis with the Sonic folks, but the girls do say "hi" to me when I go through the drive through for my Route 44 (with extra 'aahse').

4. I'm a compulsive list-maker (that's one thing I don't have a problem writing). The problem is - I make the lists and then don't look at them at the grocery store or don't do the chores that are on them.

5. I use Microsoft Excel for everything! If it can be typed on a computer, I will put it in Excel (check registers, schedules, address lists, grocery lists, chore lists, homework lists, etc.). I love to make monster spreadsheets with hyper-linking and fun formulas and... okay, I better stop now.

6. I'm a pop culture junkie! I love the celebrity gossip blogs - TMZ, Perez Hilton, JJ - & my silly magazines. They keep me in the loop (not that the loop is a very desirable place to be, but it keeps me entertained).

2 comments:

Craig and Christy said...

Jer- I swear, I find we are more alike every day. I too watch those movies at 3am. And I have a monthly tradition of cleaning out my purse of all the lists I made, but never looked at! Too funny! And, no worries about your writing skills! Your blog is fantastic and I love reading what you have to say! No wrong words here!

Anonymous said...

So the reason you don't e-mail is you're too worried about what you might say? I think after 25 years, you would have nothing to worry about!

You left out Man From Snowy River -- Chick Flick yes, Dancing, no

You left out donuts -- the Krispy Kreme outside the Metro at Dupont Circle is going to be my downfall. Having a card also is BAAAAAD. But saying that, there is nothing nor will there ever be another Winchels.

I too am a list maker. I make them and I revel in checking things off but I am never going to be able to finish my piles!