Friday, November 30, 2007

Flashback Friday

A little while back, I actually had a moment of clarity and I remembered that Caitlin needed lunch money, so I sent a check with her to take to school. The next day, Caitlin came home with a stamp on her hand (the tale-tell sign of being out of lunch money). She told me that she needed lunch money and I needed to send CASH.

Suspicious and a little cranky, I insisted that I was going to call the teacher and ask her what happened to the check for a month's worth of lunches. I finally got sweet, angelic Caitlin to admit that she saw something at the school's book fair that she wanted to buy and she put the stamp on her hand all by herself. I think she still wonders why I didn't give her the money!

I'm thinking perhaps I should have been a little more prudent in her reading selections when she was younger!

Believe me, I'm having nightmares about teenage years to come!

0 comments: