Sunday, November 11, 2007

"Green" Post...

I haven't posted anything in a while, so here's something kind of random (you might like this one Christy). I've been working in the office for almost 3 years now and several times a week, the garbage can at my desk would be completely full - mostly with paper from reports we don't use but we have to run to get the reports we do use.
Feeling in a 'green' mood one day, I asked my boss if it would be okay to put a bin for paper that I would take to recycling once a week and she said it would be okay. Here is our unofficial re-cycling bin for the office (as you can see - it is getting used ... I've been emptying it twice a week). Other than boatloads of candy wrappers, my garbage can has been somewhat empty lately. Every little bit helps right? On a side note, when I was at Walmart yesterday, the manager noticed all my re-usable grocery bags (I was using the pretty dark green ones that I picked up in Vegas). He told me that they will have the re-usable bags in their stores very soon.

1 comments:

Craig and Christy said...

Jer- I'm just beeming with pride! And reusable grocery bags!? That's great. I actually just started using mine from Costco. Doing our part to save the world, right!