So, we decided to have a change of pace and not do anything golf related last night. We went to the Western Stampede Rodeo. I can't remember the last time I went to a rodeo (that's not saying much because I can't remember where I went yesterday either). Needless to say, it's been a long time and a first time for the kiddies. Notice Austin straddling the horse doo-doo (PS - don't wear flip-flops to the rodeo...Brian).
Here's how the fun played out. Austin got to go first with Courtney (the newlywed) pulling him. For those of you planning to do this in the future - try to get both legs ON the carpet so that you aren't (a) straddling the front of the carpet therefore being pulled by your crotch and (b) bruising your already baseball-bruised leg that didn't make it on the carpet.
Then it was Caitlin's turn with her dance partner Austin pulling her. She probably learned a bit from watching her brother - she managed to get all the way on the carpet... and quite deliberately I might add. I must say, she had quite good form.
The rest of the rodeo was pretty darn fun. Muttin bustin' was our favorite! We were pretty grateful to my boss Lorrie and her family (Drew, Austin, Courtney and Aaron) for getting the kids involved. They had an absolute blast!


2 comments:
I love the rodeo and mainly for the mutton busting it is a riot. I love it. Good times!
So I gotta ask . . . what's Mutton Bustin?
Post a Comment