Friday, April 17, 2009

Are you KIDDING me?!

So this week has been rather interesting and by interesting, I mean horrifying. First, the ongoing gymnastics trauma - let's not even discuss that. Then, I get on my home computer and it isn't behaving very well, in fact, it was being alarmingly bad - redirecting me to strange websites and not letting me even get on others. So away I went to the place that built my computer for me, cradling it like it was a sick child. All I could think of was the episode of "Sex and the City" where Carrie had the "Sad Mac" icon come up as her computer died - the smug computer dude even said the same line, "you really should back-up your work." I was told I had been hijacked and it would be 14-18 days before they could start working on it. I started to go all Shirley Maclaine on them ("fix my computer NOW!"), and they told me if I was willing to pay extra, they would move it closer to the front of the line of sickly computers. So hopefully, it might survive sooner rather than later.
Then the hits just kept coming....imagine my abject horror upon going through the mail yesterday and finding this:

Of course, it is for the ENTIRE month of June. Do you think if I send the juror questionnaire in with copies of my flight reservations and the confirmation for the "Wicked" tickets, they'll show mercy? Yeah - probably not.

The week isn't over, so it could always get worse (I am teaching this Sunday). I'm asking you all to join hands and sing Kumbaya for me. Maybe that will help.

4 comments:

K and K Steindorf said...

Well, it can only get better, I believe I told them I was going out of town when I had jury duty, so call and see what they say, but you will just have to go awall or whatever it is, because that would be truly WICKED if you missed all of the fun.

lisa said...

Mom, that was a very creative little wicked comment. Jer, if the Judge is a woman she will understand the importance of seeing Wicked. Even if the judge is a man, his wife knows the importance of seeing wicked, so there you go.

Craig and Christy said...

Hang in there Jer! But don't fret, I'm sure you check out Perez from your work computer! Oh, and not going to Wicked isn't even an option!

The Lively's said...

That is crazy! I really hope it all works out!