We're all packed and ready to go (including Brian - but he's on his way to work). Austin, Caitlin, Riley and I are heading up to Brighton for another ski day (love this "off track" time).
I told the kids I would take them skiing while they were off track, so I rolled the dice on which day to go - I hit the jackpot!!! It was absolutely beautiful - temperatures in the high 40's and clear as a bell (and because it was a weekday - we skied onto every lift).
Heading up the lift with Austin.
Caitlin made a detour into a little bit of powder. It wouldn't be the last time this happened today!
This was taken at the top of the Majestic lift - it was an ill-fated decision to take Caitlin on this lift (the aforementioned powder came into play). There were many tears and skis being carried by Mom.
Here's a little bit of Caitlin buzzing down the hill. Considering this was her second time skiing, she was AWESOME! In fact, one of the Brighton ski instructors was telling her how good she was doing - he couldn't believe it was only her second time out.
And a little bit of Austin doing the same! The loud disconcerting noise you will hear was Riley buzzing by.
Since it had been 20 years since my last time on skis (and we skied the WHOLE day), I guess you'll all understand that I need to go ice my knees now!
And a little bit of Austin doing the same! The loud disconcerting noise you will hear was Riley buzzing by.
Since it had been 20 years since my last time on skis (and we skied the WHOLE day), I guess you'll all understand that I need to go ice my knees now!


0 comments:
Post a Comment