Friday, January 7, 2011

Public Apology

So you may or may not have noticed that I have a tendency toward sarcasm here in the friendly confines of my little blog (really?!?). The target of my "snark" is often poor defenseless Brian (specifically whether or not he actually reads this thing - he's an easy target sometimes... he DID wear flip flops to a rodeo you know). Welllll, my attempts at humor came back to bite, not me, but Brian in the, well...butt.

Back in the summer of 2009 (ahh, memories), I INNOCENTLY made a smart alecky comment regarding the picture seen below where I mayyyy have JOKINGLY implied that Brian MAY have inquired about the appearance of his rear end in his pinstripe baseball pants. In my defense, I believe I was quite clear that I was JOKING (you can be the judge - here is the original post http://nuttall-news.blogspot.com/2009/07/day-finally-came.html).

How could this have possibly gone awry? Well, according to well-placed witnesses, today in Sysco's General Sales Meeting, Brian was honored for having a record sales week (great news, right?). Well, apparently, a story was told during the bestowing of this honor about Brian wearing pinstripe pants wondering about the appearance of his...(slang for butt that isn't appropriate for a "family blog"). Brian endured the jeers of his co-workers and even shook his butt (which looked very nice today honey) in front of the entire sales force of his company.

Much speculation ensued about the genesis of this anectode (I'm using ALL the big words I know in my attempt to make myself feel less responsible) with the suspicion actually falling on one of his work compadres. When he mentioned the situation to me after the meeting, I recalled this post and feared that it was indeed the source. Sooooo...

Brian, I am sorry for subjecting you to public ridicule due to my feeble attempts at humor. I'm not going to stop, of course, but I do promise to keep your rear end out of it from now on.

4 comments:

Craig and Christy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Craig and Christy said...

LOL! I think it is a wonderful confirmation that your blogging skills have expanded past an audience family and friends. I think congrats are in order! May be time to start advertising. Brian, what a great sport you are. No doubt you have a few more admirers at work now.
(had to repost because I spelled audience wrong...they really should have spell check for these comments . . .)

K and K Steindorf said...

I hope Brian did read this, you did a good job with your blogging. Tell him we all need a little humor on the family blogs!!!

Anonymous said...

I think you are a complete innocent in the matter. Speaking from sales meeting experience...there are many desperate attempts at humor to help break-up the mundane. I blame the guys in charge for not understanding your sarcastic humor, because you would never tell a joke at Brian's expense. Anyway, if it did get a laugh, you should feel proud!--Tami