Saturday, April 12, 2008

A Night of "Annie"

I'm not sure how Caitlin rates, but she managed to get another special night out! First, Grandma Jessie and I took her shaggy highness to see Aunt Annie who gave her a super-cute 'do.We then went on to dinner (Brian invited himself to join us since Austin was at a birthday party). We went to a lovely Italian restaurant (that just so happens to be Brian's account).
Then we were off to see the other Annie - the musical "Annie." I was amazed that even after twenty-something years, I still remembered every word to every song (after listening to the soundtrack every day on the way to school). Caitlin's favorite song was right at the beginning of the show (you know - the one that Jack Black sang in "School of Rock" - the "bet your bottom dollar" song), but they sing it all through the show, so that made her happy. I don't think she believed us that the name of the song is "Tomorrow."

I thought I'd throw in a picture of Kingsbury Hall just so everyone could see that "Wicked" is coming next year.

We all had a delightful time. We even got a little exercise before and after the show since we had to park at the football stadium that was several blocks away (we didn't want to wait for the shuttle).

0 comments: